I never knew that it could happen, ’til it happened to me
I didn’t know it before, but now it’s easy to see, oh
It’s the start of something new
It feels so right to be here with you, oh
And now, looking in your eyes
I feel in my heart
That it’s the start of something new
(High School Musical Lyrics obvs)
As mentioned in my last blog post, I’ve been thinking of ways to get back onto my healthy train that sprinted off the tracks when Christmas, the New Year and my holiday came around. I’ve mentally decided on some steps that I’ll take as well as actioning them.
*LOSING EXCESS BODY FAT WHILE MAINTAINING MUSCLE*
(This is in no way me telling, explaining, encouraging you to do the same as I’m not a personal trainer or health advisor)
- Drink more of that H2O gosh-darn it. Come on Jess, you know you should.
- Cut bread, (mainly brioche buns), opt for salad or wraps.
- Cut extra sugars, (I know your stocking was full of them, but they are now gone and you need to cut back on eating them again).
- Cut extra salt intake, (you know very well that you put waaayyy too much salt on all food you eat. Hint: The food already has the right amount of salt needed and you get enough salt from the food you already eat).
- Add cardio to your workouts at the gym, (even if it’s 5 minutes a day, it’s better than nothing). Rowing or walking, up to you and depends on how you feel that day.
I’m amidst re-searching and putting together a workout plan for myself which I hope will do the things I want it to do. I do need to remember to push myself at the gym, the last six months I’ve been lazy and just maintaining, not setting any goals and just lifting the same amount of weight every set. THIS WILL NOT HELP ME IMPROVE. I NEED TO PUSH MYSELF FOR BETTER.